Jan 16 2019
Team Dave Logan is a Denver company focused on connecting the Denver community with honest, hardworking businesses with integrity. Founded out a need to provide his mother with a recommendation for a home repair, Dave Logan realized there should be a resource for cutting through the hype and discerning the ethics and professionalism of any business.
In order to join Team Dave Logan, Helix Painting went through their extensive interview process and background screening to ensure we are using quality business practices and operating with professional ethics. The screening criteria included:
- Better Business Bureau Certification
- Department of Registration Search for companies licensed per division
- Colorado Bureau of Investigations Criminal Arrest records for Colorado
- Co Courts.com Court Records
- Department of Regulatory Agencies Verify licenses
- Colorado Secretary of State
- Personal Background Check
- Denver County Contractor Licensing Contractor License Search
- Denver County Court Records-Liens and Judgments
- National Sex Offender Website
- Nationwide Criminal Database Search (Includes sex offenders)
- Patriots Act/OFAC/BXA/Terrorist List Search
- Federal Bankruptcy Search
- Business Credit/Commercial Credit Report
- Customer Credit
- Statewide Criminal Records
- EPA Lead-Safe Certification
- County Civil Lawsuit Search
- Malpractice Insurance for Attorneys
We now proudly have the Team Dave Logan on our website and in our emails and look forward to working with fellow team members in the future.
Dec 12 2018
Choosing the correct paint, paint sheen and color can be one of the toughest parts of a home project. Whether it is a large remodel or a simple face-lift for a room, choosing the right product can make a big difference. We’ll start our series on this topic with bathrooms.
What Type of Paint to Use
There are a number of paint brands available in the market. Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore are the two main brands we work with at Helix Painting. Both companies create great products and have price points to fit every budget.
Once you have decided on a paint company, the product choice comes down to how much money you want to spend and how often you plan on repainting. Higher end products will generally last longer. We generally recommend Sherwin Williams SuperPaint and Benjamin Moore Ben as good mid-range products and Sherwin Williams Duration and Benjamin Moore Regal as good higher-end products. For those willing to pay an extra premium, paint companies are now creating products with additives to help repel moisture and resist model, such as Benjamin Moore Aura Bath and Spa.
After deciding on product, it is important to consider paint sheen. Bathrooms have a different environment than the rest of your house. They are smaller, fill with steam are likely to have water splashed on the walls. Bathroom walls need to be wiped down more often than other rooms. These differences impact what sheen is best for bathrooms. Paints come in several sheens:
- Eggshell is an easily wipeable, but does not do well in areas with much moisture.
- Satin has a slight gloss finished look, but is only recommended for low moisture environments, like a powder room.
- Sami-gloss repels most moisture well and is easily wiped down, making it a good fit for a bathroom.
- High-glass is excellent at repelling moisture and is easily wiped; however, it can show more imperfections when painted on large surfaces like a wall. It is best to only use high-gloss on trim or cabinets.
What Color Palettes to Choose
Now onto the hard part, choosing color. Color is a very personal decision, but it is important to remember two key factors: bathrooms are generally small and the wall color in a bathroom impacts your reflection on the mirror. With smaller rooms, a dark color can make a room feel even smaller. A dark or strong color can also change the appearance of your complexion. Neutrals, whites, creams, and grays will have the least impact. These color palettes will also give your bathroom a larger, brighter feel.
Looking to start a painting project? The team at Helix Painting can help you to select the right paints and give your home with a professional, fresh look. You can book your FREE estimate on our website or by calling us at 720-445-9856. We look forward to helping you revitalize your home!