Gray Kitchen Cabinets IdeasIn recent years gray kitchen cabinets have spiked in popularity, but why? Gray is a beautiful balance of both neutral and warm tones, delivering homeowners the best of both worlds. Used in a kitchen space, it also lends brightness and a sense of cleanliness. It is a color that will complement a wide array of tile backsplashes, as well as most any color of kitchen appliances. Of course, we can’t ignore that it also complements a variety of colors, depending on the shade of grey you choose. Making it an incredibly versatile color! Don’t get us wrong, an equal number of homeowners associate grey with being dull and boring. But if your goal is a kitchen that is trendy and will stand the test of time, you won’t regret going with gray.
Tips for Choosing Gray Kitchen PaintWhen it comes time to start comparing swatches, the sheer number of grey paint options can be overwhelming. Each and every shade will give off a special something to your home! Here are some factors that you will want to carefully consider and compare. Light or Dark – As with every color, gray comes in both light and dark shades. So how do you choose? The best way to decide is by considering the size of your kitchen and the light available. A small space or space with limited light can feel smaller with dark paint. So a lighter shade of grey will help open it up and give off the illusion of a grander space. Whereas a larger kitchen will ample natural light can handle darker paint, and may help make it feel homier. Warm or Cool – When referring to a warm or cool shade, we’re talking about where a paint lies on the color wheel. Gray is often thought of as a neutral color, and it can be. But it can also have a warm or cool undertone. A cool gray will have pink and bluish hues. Whereas a warm gray will range from peach to yellow or golden undertones. Taking note of an undertone is important as it will impact your overall color scheme or palette, and dictate other colors you feature. Whether it be hardware, a backsplash, the wall color, or flooring.
Grey Kitchen Cabinet PaintWhile there are countless shades of grey to choose from, some are tried and true. Check out some of our favorite grey kitchen cabinet paint, from top brands like Sherwin William and Benjamin Moore!
- Sherwin Williams Pussywillow – A gorgeous shade, Pussywillow has a slightly cool undertone. It is similar to Mindful Gray but more saturated. Pair it with soft cream colors, as well as other warm hues.
- Sherwin Williams Dorian Gray – A soft, medium color, Dorian Gray has a slightly purple undertone. It pairs especially beautiful with crisp and bright whites, creating the most beautiful contrast.
- Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray -This shade is a perfect contrast color to a cooler wall color. It can appear rich in some spaces and neutral in others but always looks gorgeous when complemented by warm details, like woods.
- Benjamin Moore Gray Horse – A cool mid-tone gray, this shade creates a space that’s both stylish and restful. Pair it with other neutrals, or with warm earth tones like brown and green.
- Benjamin Moore Gray Owl – One of the most popular gray colors. It’s a light warm gray that can go cool with more natural light and looks especially great in small, darker spaces.
- Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray – A rich warm gray, Chelsea Gray is a super chic color for cabinetry. It is a deep and bolder shade of gray, that contrasts well with bright whites and is complemented by warm metallics.