Most Popular Exterior Paint Colors
The exterior paint color of your home has a huge impact on the overall curb appeal of your property. It’s a passerby’s first impression and directly impacts the monetary value of your house. But it can also take a toll on your pride! So maybe it’s time for a touch up, or a complete overhaul? To help you pick an exterior paint color that breathes new life into your home, we’re sharing our favorite go-to colors that are modern and timeless. Plus, the best exterior house paint, tested and approved by Helix Painting of Denver.
Exterior Paint Colors
Color trends are constantly changing, which is why it’s important that you choose an exterior house color that is timeless. It will help maintain you home’s curb appeal, as well as the resell value. Check out these popular exterior paint colors that you’ll love for years to come!
- Navy – An always popular color for exteriors, navy blue is a classic choice. It’s also a great alternative if you love the traditional white house with navy shutters, but want to switch things up a bit. We recommend the color In the Navy, which is a rich navy blue.
- Charcoal – Charcoal is not a pure black, but a dusty black. Think of the darkest shade of grey you can get before its black. Home’s with a dark exterior have a great resale value, thanks to the uptick in dark neutral color palettes. We recommend the shade Iron Ore.
- Cream – A warm off-white, cream is a clean and bright color that will lend an cozy but modern look to your property. Our favorite cream color is Shoji White. For a unique look, consider keeping your trim and shutters a crisp white, which will provide some contrast.
- Olive Green – Any green is a beautiful exterior color, but olive green is our favorite. A muted brown-green, it looks great with homes that feature natural wood or stone elements. It also contrasts well with white, when used for trim or on shutters. For an olive green, check out Pewter Green.
- Deep Brown – As with olive green, a dark brown is a great natural color that will lend warmth to your home. You might try Urbane Bronze. It can be complemented with a bright white or a pure black.
- White – If you like a traditional look, you can’t go wrong with white, like the color Snowbound. For a pop of color paint your door or shutters a bright shade, like red or blue. Or maintain a sleek and minimal look with neutral accents.
When choosing an exterior paint color for you home, be sure to consider the weather where you live. Some elements, such as extreme temperatures or high humidity, will impact the colors you should consider. Otherwise, you may up needing a repaint sooner than your wallet would prefer.
Best Exterior House Paint
Aside from choosing a beautiful paint color, you also need to choose a high quality paint. The following exterior paints by Sherwin Williams are our top picks for long lasting protection:
Resilience Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint – A high quality exterior finish, Resilience with MoistureGuard™ Technology for excellent early moisture and mildew resistance. This product is recommended for use on aluminum and vinyl siding, wood siding, clapboard, shakes, shingles, plywood, masonry, and metal. It is available in flat, gloss and satin sheens.
Duration Exterior Acrylic Coating – Formulated with PermaLast® technology, Duration is infused with advanced acrylic co-polymers for long-lasting performance. Duration is self-priming and provides a mildew-resistance coating. It requires just one coat for repaints and two coats for new work. It is available in satin, flat, gloss and low luster sheens.
Emerald Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint – A premium paint and primer in one, Emerald allows you to achieve stunning exterior results that stand the test of time in fewer coats. It offers resistance to blistering, peeling, fading and dirt pickup, as well as a mildew-resistant coating. And is available in satin, flat and gloss sheens.
Want to skip the hassle and hire a professional to paint the exterior of your home? Helix Painting in Denver is committed to helping you achieve ultimate curb appeal. Our exterior painting services include walls and siding, trim, doors, garages, and more! Book your exterior painting estimate or request a free estimate online.